Systems Engineer Controls - Dearborn, MI
Collaborates with a team of cross-functional domain experts such as business leads, system architects, wireless carriers, IT leads and vehicle electrical architecture leads towards creating a successful vehicle connectivity solution that includes network connectivity module configuration, wireless networking protocols, back office connectivity, partner and third party network connectivity etc.
- System architecture block diagrams/interfaces, call flow/sequence diagram creation as necessary.
- Responsible for developing vehicle connectivity solutions which includes multi-layer connectivity (bearer type, protocol, and messaging layers), application interface strategy within the system, client server architecture, security framework, apps framework, billing system, subscription management etc. • Defines the technical requirement and solutions based on best practices.
- Works closely with feature owners, security experts and system architects in this domain.
- Performs feasibility analysis, alternate solution identification, evaluations, and creates proof of concepts when needed.
- Participates in documentation and refinement of business requirements to ensure alignment with technically viable system designs.
- Ensure that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as performance, scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
- Handoff to and work with the hardware and software team for system implementation and testing.
- Support field assessments, test result assessment/resolution to open system items.
- Develop and prototype innovative wireless systems to implement complex communication and networking technologies.
- Deploy, integrate, and test the prototypes in operationally-realistic environments, working closely with sponsors to ensure mission success.
- Experience with interoperability techniques and standards in in-vehicle embedded systems.
- Experience with network communication protocols, transport protocols and payload optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Cellular Network architecture (eNodeB, BTS, MSC, EPC, IMS, SMSC, HLR/HSS, PGW, SGW, etc.) or Cellular mobile device design and development (i.e. embedded software, mobile apps, network testing and certification).
- Expertise with 5G, V2V, V2X, LTE wireless networking protocols and systems.
- Solid understanding of data communications.
- Experience with analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to navigate through working teams across multiple departments.
- Device and network performance analysis and trouble shooting skills
- Experience in use case modelling and use case design reviews.
- Experience working with large cross functional teams under aggressive timelines and sporadic heavy workloads.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively with others (interpersonal skills).
- Experience with core engineering fundamentals and interoperability standards and emerging trends.
- Experience in supporting a system or component through the product lifecycle to launch.
- Familiar with wireless electronic devices, their interfaces, and security issues/solutions.
- Experience with Network Simulation test equipment
- Knowledge of cloud based application integration, enterprise application integration and service oriented architecture concepts and micro services architecture principles is a PLUS.
A minimum 5 years of experience in specification, design, development, deployment, of wireless communication systems (LTE, UMTS, HSPA, GSM etc.)
Experience working with large cross functional teams under sporadic heavy workloads
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering – Wireless communications.
PhD engineering discipline in computer sciences or electrical and electronics.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Engineer Controls
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341129
Posted Date: 10/10/2018