Visual Designer - New York, NY
We are currently seeking a seasoned Visual Designer for a 12-month contractual opportunity with one of our Top 100 clients in New York, NY. You will delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. And, you will collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the design language and create innovative, great-looking products.
- Solid understanding of fundamental visual design: typography, iconography, composition, color, and layout
- Ability to brand products: create logos, define color palettes, coming up with visual systems, illustrations, user interface layouts and animations
- Think holistically about brand across multiple products and platforms
- Knowledge of current Internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications, screen resolution, and file optimization
- Collaborate and communicate with other Interaction Designers and Engineers through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Aligning to Material spec, and to continue to grow product-specific components.
- Iteratively improve the quality of design based on user testing and feedback
- Contribute to design brainstorming and work sessions.
- Capable of taking design and performance feedback extremely well.
- Eager to learn.
- Passion for design aesthetics and attention to detail
- Attitude that supports teamwork and collaboration
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload
- BA/BS and/or Masters in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing outstanding products and websites across various devices
- Solid interaction design skills
- Strong CSS and HTML skills; solid knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or similar
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
New York, NY
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Visual Designer
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341163
Posted Date: 9/28/2018