ETL Developer - Chesterfield, MO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for an ETL Developer to work on a team at our client site in Chesterfield, MO. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design business solutions based on experience and conversations with the business community.
• Design dimensional data modeling to suit the BI requirement. Ensures that business rules are consistently applied across different user interfaces to limit the possibility of inconsistent results. (70%)
• Design and direct the ETL process, including data quality and testing. Lead data integration in aggregating data from multiple sources into a data warehouse, scheduling data updates. (30%)
• Manage the tactical execution of projects by developing and adhering to timelines, reporting status weekly, coaching technical resources, and resolving and/or escalating issues.
• Follow documented procedures for configuring, maintaining, upgrading, testing, and coding the application/custom interface routines. Ensure best technical practices are followed for all enterprise software development for the best user experience and sustainable design.
• Consult with key decision makers to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage formatting and security requirements.
• Manage the forward progress on multiple projects and determine priority order.
• Communicate in a crisp, clear, friendly manner that promotes directness and respect.
• Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures.
• Be accountable for the quality, usability and business value of the end deliverable.
• Consult with personnel to obtain additional information during system development and evaluate alternatives.
• Monitor and document post-implementation problems revision requests. In this effort, raise issues to our hosting partner and work with them through issue resolution.
• Maintain software deployment plans and communicates these plans to the user community at all affected Company sites and ensures that users are aware of any anticipated deviation from schedules.
• Decide and recommend on software programming task priorities and how business problems will be solved in software.
• Maps software functionality to business processes.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Provide technical development and analytical support for Informatica ETL (cloud and power center).
• Assist in providing technical direction for future projects; ensure standard documentation requirements are met.
• Team Education and hosting partner cross training on ETL development as required
• Assist the business team with BI reporting in conjunction with ETL workload
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field/equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 8 + years of relevant experience in Data warehousing and BI platform.
• Experienced in relational database design, implementation. Thorough knowledge on Data Warehousing concepts, Dimensional modeling and Business Intelligence design principles.
• 5+ years of development experience with 5-7 years of that experience in designing, developing and supporting technical solutions for Informatica ETL Applications or equivalent Data Warehouse ETL applications.
• Must be proficient with the Informatica Power Center, as well as SQL, Unix, and Process Scheduler
• Must have at least 3 years of experience with BI reporting tools
• Must have worked in environments using SDLC methodologies and standards. Agile preferred.
• Must have strong analytic and problem solving skills
• Must be willing to be on call for night/weekend production support
• Must have solid SQL development skills
• Experience in Linux environment - preferred
• Prior experience with Manufacturing systems - preferred
• Experience on Oracle 10g/11g databases - preferred.
• Informatica Cloud experience - preferred.
• Erwin experience - preferred.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: ETL Developer
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341166
Posted Date: 9/28/2018