Junior Cloud Security Engineer - Town and Country, MO
Title: Junior Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Town and Country, MO.
Contract length: 6 months with possibility of extension based on performance.
Job ID: #341287
Hourly rate: $53/hr. and up - experience based
Who we are:
CenturyLink Cloud is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused dev/ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run. Every day. All the time. Its what we do.
We have an opening for a Junior Cloud Security Engineer to expand our team which is dedicated to securing CenturyLinks Cloud offering. This person would contribute to applications and processes that secure our cloud architecture, touching all aspects of the development lifecycle from coding to deployment all the way to auditing and support.
Who we hire:
Just like everyone else, we want to hire unbelievably bright engineers, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Oh, yeah, they have to love to learn new things, too. On top of that, our ideal candidate also should have a strong curiosity or passion for information security and cloud computing, and for creating applications and services that make the world around them more secure.
Since our teams operate in an extremely Agile culture, using a combination of XP and Kanban practices and processes, you'd be encouraged to collaborate closely, deliver small pieces of working software frequently, work in pairs, write your code test first, and think about things like cycle time and WIP limits. All of this adds up to an exciting, challenging, and always interesting place to work, where hard problems are found and solved every day.
Who you are:
You're the type that gets things done and solves problems. You love coding and are passionate about learning new things and expanding your skills. You want to contribute, and hopefully one day, create something that matters to you. You want to expand your cyber-security knowledge and learn as much about breaking things as you know about creating and fixing them. You want freedom to work without being interrupted by a crazy number of meetings and interoffice bureaucracy. You're a direct but open-minded communicator thats also transparent and kind. If you're laid back and appreciate an open-door policy that means you can ask anyone anything - this is the job for you.
The right candidate is a passionate technologist who loves all things computing. He or she will have a relentless drive to understand how things work, and is always eager for a challenge. The right candidate is comfortable working a casual environment and culture, but with high standards of professionalism in software.
Position Objectives and Essential Duties:
- Help translate product vision and requirements into software design.
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business needs.
- Big picture understanding of system design when implementing stories
- Thorough understanding of AWS and Azure public cloud products & services
- Thorough understanding of VMWare cloud designs.
- Pair programming when appropriate.
- Functional programming design patterns.
- Micro service orientated design patterns.
- Fully containerized production deployments. (Kubernetes)
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Testing & peer code review.
- Challenge your peers and leadership over software correctness and best practices.
- Consistent delivery in a fast paced, Agile, DevOps oriented culture.
- Customer & user focus.
- Clear verbal & written communication.
- Build & develop against your own full stack environment locally
- 3 years of professional experience developing software
- 1 year experience with container based micro service architectures
- 1 year experience with at least *two* of the following languages
- Node.js, Go, Python, Ruby, Java
- Advanced Linux admin and shell scripting
- Unit & Acceptance testing
- Passionate hobbyist in one or more computer science disciplines:
- Big Data, SDN, Security, AI, ML, IoT, Virtualization
- Networking experience. (OSI model, TCP/IP, VPN, SDN)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or technical field of study.
- Experienced developers who can help design and implement our vision for the future of Object Storage across our infrastructure. This team is responsible for developing our next-generation, open source-based Object Storage solution, integrating it with CenturyLink Clouds infrastructure, and turning it into an easily deployed and supported product. Additionally, this team will develop products that are offered to our customers to help them take advantage of the Object Storage offered by CenturyLink Cloud. The job requires expertise in storage systems architecture, performance analysis, monitoring, and scaling. 6-8 years experience
Town and Country, MO
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Junior Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Town and Country, MO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341287
Posted Date: 10/2/2018