Avaya Associate - Wake Forest, NC
Document, configure, install, deploy, monitor, investigate, triage, troubleshoot, remediate, and maintain network systems for performance, efficiency, stability, and availability. Process RMA and hardware replacements and upgrades per best practices. Ensure day-to-day operations of technology infrastructure. Design and develop automation/scripting solutions to assist position and team performance.
Possible shifts: Sat-Tues 1030pm to 830am (4x10)
• Act as VoIP communication technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on communication, network and customer related issues
• Advance troubleshooting of VoIP networks, VoIP equipment, Avaya Communication Manager (CM) servers, Media Gateways, and S8300 (LSP).
• Track major service outages and other service affecting voice activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution.
• Perform ticket management function on VoIP network outages as required.
• Perform advance move, add, change, delete in Avaya CM servers, Media Gateways, Messaging platforms (i.e. Module Messaging; CM Messaging) and etc.
• Ability to work with multiple customers using different processes for MACD and troubleshooting.
• Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, Remedy tickets, Solarwinds Web Help Desk or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
• Perform duties as technical VoIP network operation center lead for incoming VoIP clients.
• Associate's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking, Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting VoIP communication and VoIP network equipment maintenance
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience required in the following voice areas: ACD Vectoring, Contact Center, Avaya Messaging platforms, Communication Manger, S8300 (LSP), H.323, SIP and Media Gateways.
• Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in system troubleshooting, including Avaya CM servers, S8300 (LSP), Media Gateways and Messaging platforms, and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding QOS operational characteristics.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Avaya Certified Associate (ACA) / Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS) and working towards an Avaya Certified Specialist (ACS) / Avaya Certified Solutions Specialist (ACSS) certification. (nice to have not required)
• Willingness to attend vendor-specific product training as required.
• Ability to work all shifts including weekends & holidays in a 7x24x365 environment.
Top Skills for this role are: Avaya Red experience, Avaya circuit monitoring knowledge
ARS knowledge base and Alarm Monitoring
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Avaya Associate
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341381
Posted Date: 10/1/2018