Project Controls Specialist - Denver, CO
Position : Project Controls Specialist
Location : Brighton CO
Duration : 6 months with possible extension or hire
This position will sit in Brighton, CO. Minimal travel but could be some training in Salt Lake City.
Project controls background is important and P6 schedule knowledge is a very nice to have.
Need to be able to multi-task, stay organized, and be able to coordinate between the team in Brighton and manager in SLC.
The main function of a Project Controls Specialist is researching and evaluating aspects of potential and existing projects as they pertain to internal and external resource availability, resource allocation, competitors influence, concurrent projects, available manning and expertise, and schedule conflicts.
• Learn the Project Life Cycle process and to execute projects using these philosophies.
• The Project Controls Analyst is responsible for setting up the project work order in PowerPlant, and routing for approval.
• Prepare detailed project cost analysis to identify and explain variances on a monthly basis.
• Utilize earned value analysis for each assigned project.
• Generate a detailed actual cost of work performed (ACWP) forecast for all projects and participates in forecast reviews with project teams.
• Data entry of the ACWP forecast into PowerPlant monthly.
• Assist in identifying/monitoring project risks.
• Assist in development and execution of projects contracting and procurement plan.
• Monitor and track project change requests and report on cost and schedule deviations and trends.
• Develop, baseline, and track all project schedules in Primavera or MS Project.
• Review project contracts and manage and issue Request for Services.
• Produce various project reports as needed using Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPlant, and MS Project.
• Assist in closing out projects and transfer of relevant information to accounting and operations.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction, Business, Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and industry experience
• Minimum 3 years work experience in project controls
• Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve
• Experience in Primavera, MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPlant, EcoSys, Oracle, and project cost forecasting process.
• Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry a plus
• PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional) certification a plus
• PMP certification, or AACE certification a plus
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction or Business, or equivalent
• 5-7 years experience in Project Analysis, Controls and Data Analytics required
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Controls Specialist
Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341645
Posted Date: 10/2/2018