IT Manager - Easton, PA
Job Title: Easton, PA
Job Title: IT Manager
IT Helpdesk Supervisor will maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations, printers and network performance meet company and user requirements. Supervise and assist local IT Technicians with their tasks. Provide support to staff on all company-supported software and applications, including 3rd party applications and in-house developed applications. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures by doing the following duties.
- Supervise all help desk staff and technical workers at the company facility.
- Schedule direct reports to cover operational needs and manage time card for said employees.
- Screen and field incoming help requests from end-users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Support end-user workstation, laptops, thin clients and printers.
- Provide support to the end-user with the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and back office software solutions.
- Triage issues with warehouse automation and associated software.
- Work directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN) utilizing TCP/IP
- Investigate user problems and identifies their source, determines possible solutions, tests and implements solutions
- Install, configure and maintain Company computers, network printers, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, software and systems
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades
- Plan and implement network security, including configuring VPN Clients, file permissions, and adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots TCP/IP Networks, computer systems and applications to resolve issues and other operational difficulties
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Assist personnel of other departments with all hardware/software related questions/issues
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to communicate and manage a team of IT technicians.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Ability to track and diagnose software installation and run-time issues
- Experience in working with SQL databases and run queries in order to be able to troubleshoot or resolve a software issue.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of warehouse IT experience and two (2) years as IT supervisor or manager. Experience in software development would be an advantage.
Education Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field required. Microsoft (MCSA or MCSE) and/or Cisco (CCENT or CCNA) Certification preferred..
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Support
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Manager
Location: Easton, PA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 341852
Posted Date: 10/4/2018