Production Manager - Vancouver, WA
Our Client was established in 1959 as a small workshop in Kyoto City where 28 young colleagues began producing ceramic insulators for TVs. Initially their goal was to be the No. 1 company on the street, but they had a bigger dream to become the No. 1 fine ceramics company (advanced ceramics company) in the world. With a strong will and pioneering spirit, their limitless efforts made this dream come true. Now the world leader in fine ceramics (advanced ceramics).
The Production Manager oversees processes and improvement of business based on production. This position will directs the production team in daily manufacture of existing products and processes, while working with the Engineering team on the development of new processes, training of employees, customer interaction, and interaction.
The Production Manager is responsible for the continual maintenance of a safe working environment, upkeep of production lines, as well as daily/monthly/yearly HE (P/L) sheet planning/result. This position will report to the Plant Production Manager and is accountable for all team functions/performance.
Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups or service areas through senior managers who have overall responsibility for the successful operation of those assigned areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises, develops, mentors, and coordinates the production staff.
2. Works directly with meticulous and/or ITAR customers to make sure all requirements are addressed. Interactions may be in email, teleconference, or face to face.
3. Understands and assists in ITAR control of products, drawings, and any other related materials.
4. Assists engineering team in designing, installing and commissioning new production processes and tooling, monitors modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoots existing processes.
5. Selects, manages and works with sub-contractors as related to engineering and production.
6. May serve on the CAR review board.
7. Makes observations, measures performance daily, and makes adjustments to achieve monthly metrics.
8. Maintains high standards to key plant performance metrics including: Safety, maintenance, OTD, quality, production, sonkin.
9. Calculates product sale prices and controls engineering drawings.
10. Prepares reports, flow diagrams, SPC, CAD drawings and charts as requested.
11. Participates in hiring, promotions, firing, performance reviews, or/and disciplinary processes as needed with FC SPE Associate production team.
12. Works directly with manufacturing employees (operators, inspectors, and machinists).
13. Promotes safe work practices and reviews accident investigations if applicable.
14. Works closely with quality department, other departmental supervisors/managers, production manager, and plant manager daily.
15. Reports departmental deliverables to plant production manager and/or plant manager as needed monthly.
16. Frequently interacts with the sub-ordinate supervisors, customers, and/or fnctional areas other company divisions or units, or customer and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 341860
Posted Date: 10/3/2018