Technical Program/Project Manager - Round Rock, TX
Technical Program/Project Manager
• Typically requires 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Project and MS Excel for planning and tracking purposes.
• Previous experience in globally distributed projects working with teams located across the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to successfully adapt communication and presentations to different forums (from technical/operational to executive).
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• PMP or PgMP and Scrum Master Certification.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or Computer Science.
• Experience with Microsoft TFS for agile program delivery.
• Experience developing IT solutions for the Financial Services industry.
• Manage a broader portfolio of projects as well as projects within that portfolio or a highly complex project.
• Oversee process improvements and/or application reliability management in projects that are likely to have few precedents and may have global impact.
• Work under direction of IT executives, directors and managers.
• Drive all aspects of IT Program Management, including collaboration and coordination across multiple IT and business segments.
• Apply a range of techniques to estimate project effort and cost.
• Effectively engage in lower level delivery aspects as needed: drive all aspects of the Scrum Master role (facilitate Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Scrum Meetings, etc) and IT Project Management, including collaboration and coordination across multiple IT and business segments.
• Organize / lead work across multiple Scrum Teams and driving negotiations.
• Engage in technical discussions with Developers, Testers, Product Owners and System Engineers to facilitate issue resolution and mediate internal issues and conflicting priorities among cross-functional teams to keep the team focused on delivery.
• Orchestrate launches that comprise project deliverables as well as production issue fixes which may occur in weekends and holidays.
• Actively map, study and address risks and issues by elaborating a mitigation/response plan while proactively tracking its execution.
• Create and deliver professional presentations on project kick-offs, phase gates, status reports, etc.
• Track project budget and resource utilization across projects which could be under different programs while managing third party relationships (procurement) in the successful achievement of project/program delivery.
• Plan and execute project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members.
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Program/Project Manager
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 341926
Posted Date: 10/9/2018