Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic - Dearborn, MI
- Support design of Electrical/Electronic (E/E) commodities/subsystems with respect to Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- The engineer will be responsible for review, assessment and supplier feedback with respect to the commodity circuit design in addition to printed circuit board (PCB) layout. The engineer would also be responsible for working with OEM suppliers to develop EMC test plans and monitor execution of EMC validation testing.
- The engineer will work closely with the OEM product development teams, as well as with EMC vehicle application teams to assure robust design.
- Provide EMC technical support to vehicle programs and product design teams.
- Develop commodity specific EMC requirements
- Review and approve component EMC test plans.
- Review component test data and provide risk assessments
- Conduct EMC Design Reviews of components and associated vehicle wiring/packaging.
- Work with suppliers to review upfront design proposals and system tradeoffs to ensure EMC requirements are met.
- Support vehicle engineers to resolve issues related to components
- Review performance of OEM approved test laboratories.
- Strong problem solving skills with a working knowledge of EMC.
- Must have demonstrated experience working with electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators and multimeters.
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and finish tasks on time.
- Goal oriented, and a team player with good interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and diagnose RF/EMC problems and develop cost effective solutions
- Use of RF based equipment. Examples include spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators and network analyzers.
- Experience using PCB CAD and numerical electromagnetic tools (e.g. CST, FEKO, Mentor)
2+ years of relevant experience in E/E commodity design and validation
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
MSEE with focus on RF systems and electromagnetics in addition to 3+ years of relevant work experience
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342112
Posted Date: 10/10/2018