Metrologist - Hickory, NC
Seeking a metrologist to support precision metrology lab operations in the Hickory, NC Technology and Manufacturing Center. The right candidate will have a passion for precision engineering and metrology, have experience in metrology through industry practice, education, and/or research, and open to developing new knowledge and skills.
Scope of Position:
• Provide metrology engineering and precision measurement services to product and process development teams and manufacturing customers.
• Support evaluation of state-of-the-art optical and dimensional metrology methods, equipment, and software for the advancement of our client’s competitive advantage
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Work directly with internal customers on:
• Establishing measurement request requirements including instrument selection, measure and definition, and uncertainty requirements, execute measurements, analyze data, and communicate results
• Executing high precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology in support of manufacturing, product and process development, and fundamental understanding
• Performing data analysis and reporting of results using sound statistical methods
• Ensure effective preventative maintenance and interim performance verification of high precision metrology equipment
• Execute other tasks associated with day-to-day precision metrology lab operations
• Working knowledge of precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology equipment and their metrological characteristics
• Knowledge of metrology fundamentals: metrological traceability, measurement uncertainty, calibration, metrological environmental effects, measurand definition, etc.
• Awareness of national and international standards relating to dimensional and surface metrology and measurement uncertainty
• Knowledge of PC-DMIS CMM software or other CMM software packages
• Desire to exceed internal customer expectations for quality and delivery
• Ambition and ability to independently fill gaps in knowledge and expertise through self-guided learning
• Knowledge of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5-2009
• Working knowledge of Matlab, Minitab, or other mathematical/statistical analysis tools
• Experience in computer-aided design using Pro-E, SolidWorks, etc.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis of data: standard deviation, mean, statistical agreement tests, data transformation, trend identification, regression analysis, curve fitting, etc.
Required Education and Experience:
• 2 year technical degree in field of mechanical, optical, or related engineering disciplines with 7+ years of experience in metrology.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Mechanical or Optical Engineering with an emphasis in, through education or research, in precision engineering and metrology with 0 to 3 years of experience in a related field.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Metrologist
Location: Hickory, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342118
Posted Date: 10/5/2018