Oracle DBA - , NC
Ranked as a top Fortune 100 Financial Services company, our client has an opening for an Oracle DBA to work onsite in Charlotte, NC. This is initially an 12 month contract position and has the potential to extend to 24 months.
* Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, KornShell) in a UNIX environment
* Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
* Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
* Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
* Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
* Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
* Consult with and advise senior management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
* Consults extensively with multiple groups, to lead initiatives that could have enterprise impact
* Provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced staff
* Leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
* Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
* Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
o Designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases in Oracle;
o Leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
o Developing management policies, procedures and standards; and
o Gathers business requirements identification, analysis and development.
* 7+ year’s database design and administration experience
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
* 7+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (Oracle RAC, ASM, partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, Application audit logs, Scheduling, etc.
* 7+ years of experience in utilizing performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
* 7+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within the Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c environment.
* 5+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities within the Oracle 10g or greater environment.
* 5+ years of experience with Med (1TB) to Large (30 TB) sized databases
* Proven ability to troubleshoot and trace data related issues throughout the architecture
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure are critical skills required for this position
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Must be strong in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions.
* Ability to write and maintain high quality documentation
* Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
* 3+ years of experience with CA Unicenter Autosys
* 2+ years of experience with Golden Gate data or Shareplex replication
* 2+ years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
* Unix scripting experience required
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Database
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Oracle DBA
Location: , NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342158
Posted Date: 10/5/2018