Lab Support Engineer I - Round Rock, TX
Lab Support Engineer 1
Round Rock, TX
5+ months (expected to extend)
The role will be part of a new team that is responsible for running and maintaining a shared lab. The shared lab is a new concept to allow the reconfiguration of hardware instead of buying new tools/hardware for every project. This role will be building/configuring systems specific to a project need.
- Primary role is to address incoming support tickets and provide quick resolution. Tickets will require finding parts and building server configurations to customer specifications, providing assistance to customers on config related questions, assisting in maintaining lab infrastructure, and working with customers to resolve issues.
- Responsible for deployment of new servers and storage arrays.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the technical environment for problems and report to team leads.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all documented processes and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and consulting to the users if necessary.
- Complete proactive and preventative system upgrades.
- Maintain accurate hardware inventory records.
- Experience managing and servicing support tickets while adhering to defined SLA’s
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Servers and Storage
- Working knowledge of RAID, iSCSI, SAS and Fibre Channel preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows (2012, 2016, etc.) and Linux (RHEL, SUSE, etc.) environments
- Working knowledge of virtualized environments (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Working knowledge of computer networking
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Hardware
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lab Support Engineer I
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342263
Posted Date: 10/8/2018