Maintenance Supervisor - Ayer, MA
The Maintenance Supervisor is a hands-on role and is ultimately responsible to oversee and manage all building, facility, and production maintenance activity at the Ayer and Brockton, MA facilities. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to direct and oversee all daily maintenance activities including delegation of tasks, tracking mechanical performance, and directing the processes of any necessary repairs. QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering, business administration, management or related field preferred • 5+ years maintenance management experience in a food, beverage, powder manufacturing environment. Tetra Pak processor, and filler equipment experience a plus. • Commercial or Master Electrician License a plus. • Extensive knowledge of PLC programming trouble shooting, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems required. • Working knowledge of HVAC, chillers, heat exchangers, and refrigeration systems requirements. • Knowledge of boiler function and operation; ability to pass “special” licensing exam for boiler operation.
• Ability to perform TIG welding.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Suite (Word, Excel), and other data analysis software.
• Working knowledge of Preventive Maintenance plans and software.
• Ability to get along with diverse personalities at all organizational levels; tactful, mature and flexible.
• Ability to work independently or as a team, with good written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task projects and day-to-day responsibilities.
• Experience managing multiple vendors.
• Can effectively and efficiently handle both administrative and mechanical responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Oversee, manage and direct all maintenance procedures, operations, and maintenance personnel. • Ensure all machinery is up to working standards. • Assess current maintenance work processes to optimize efficiency. • Manage proactively through development of a preventive maintenance program. • Use data analysis to prepare for and prevent future downtime. • Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing quality checks of all machinery, tools, equipment etc.) • Troubleshoot problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing malfunctioning equipment. Oversee repairs where necessary.
• Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures.
• Conduct performance evaluations of employees to ensure quality of work.
• Enforce all health, safety and quality rules and regulations according to state/federal laws and company
• Develop and Manage annual maintenance budgets.
• Maintain vendor relationships and order new materials as needed
• Create, edit and revise Mechanical Maintenance SOPs.
• Report food safety problems to Supervisor or Department Head to initiate action.
• Maintain food safety and food quality by completing job tasks and maintaining work area in a sanitary
• Other duties as assigned by Sr. Management.
This position does not manage any employees.
• Travel 5% of time – Travel to Bakery located in Brockton, MA as required