Systems Engineer - Cisco/Juniper Technologies - Broomfield, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a Building Access Manager to work on a team at our client site in Tulsa, OK or Broomfield, CO. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
• CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred, or equivalent job experience
• MEF-CECP 2.0+ preferred, or equivalent job experience
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate with customers in a professional manner
• Fundamental Knowledge of OSI model
• Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
• Advanced knowledge of Routing Protocols. Experience must include: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, static routing, Multi-cast, & QoS/CoS
• IPSEC & GRE, and Security/Firewall basics
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN technologies, WAN technologies and ISP/Hosting technologies)
• Advanced knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
• Strong fundamentals of SD-WAN technologies.
• Experience with Versa Director or equivalent GUI
• Comfortable with CLI, experience with Unix is a big plus
• Assist SDWAN team on advanced troubleshooting exercises
• Work with customers during live traffic service activations.
• Ability to work with inter-departments to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
• Demonstrates professional customer-facing communication skills.
• Drives resolution of faults through vendors and internal groups.
• Multi-tasks and interfaces between many systems and databases.
• Performs all levels of IP troubleshooting.
• Performs all levels of Firewall and Security issues
• Proactively finds opportunities to improve departmental effectiveness such as, decrease MTTR/MTTI, reduce defects, improve first pass yield, etc.
• RFO creation and customer follow up.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Mentor and train technicians.
• 8+ years of relevant job experience.
• Education Level: Bachelor's or Master's Degree, or equivalent Education, and relevant work experience.
• Field of Study: Engineering or related field (Telecom, Network, IT)
• Relevant job experience is described as:
• Job experience in similar industry
• Job experience with similar essential duties
• Leadership experience
• Physical Requirements:
• Office - Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
• CCNA / CCNP Certifications
• JNCIP/JNCIE Certifications
• MEF-CECP 2.0+
• Attention to detail with good organizational and transcription capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and guidance
• Ability to mentor lower-level technicians
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Cisco/Juniper Technologies
Location: Broomfield, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342311
Posted Date: 10/8/2018