Product Engineer - Rochester Hills, MI
· Lead the product engineering, design, prototype, and validation tasks from inception through to a successful launch according to design control procedure for Activated Carbon Canisters.
· Work collaboratively with cross functional launch teams to ensure we provide the customer with robust designs and manufacturing processes within budget that exceed our customer’s expectations.
· Develop innovations that provide value to the customer and differentiate our product from the competition resulting in a competitive advantage.
· 5 or more years of experience directly related to the development of Activated Carbon Canisters.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline; Mechanical preferred.
· Candidate must be familiar and proficient with basic engineering processes and methods
including drawing standards, test and validation protocols, leading design reviews and DFMEAs, engineering change and design control, BOM creation, requirements management, prototyping, supplier management, and customer interfacing.
· Capable of some advanced design principles and methods such as DOE, CAE to meet objectives
· Ability to identify appropriate analysis/testing to optimize design and mitigate risk
· Strong understanding of product manufacturing related to plastic injection molding, and plastic welding.
· Demonstrated ability to design mechanical automotive product suitable for high volume manufacturing.
· Experience working with automotive OEM’s
· Working knowledge if statistical methods used in engineering and manufacturing process
design, testing and manufacturing scale up; 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus!
· International experience a plus!
· Excellent verbal and communication skills.
· Ability to utilize team concepts, along with solid organizational and problem solving
Rochester Hills, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 342335
Posted Date: 10/24/2018