Staff Scientist/ Engineer - Watertown, MA
This person will be specifically working on semi-conductor device development for applications including photodetection, radiation hardness, dosimeters, and space sensors. This person will also be involved in working with Government agencies and should be able to write proposals.
The research topics include semi-conductor detector and device development for nuclear applications, including dosimetry, as well as optical applications. Topics also include complementary-metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) detectors, application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) development, nuclear detector instrumentation (gamma-ray and neutron detectors and spectrometers) for terrestrial and space applications, nuclear imaging instrumentation (coded-aperture and Compton imaging), and other instrument development for various applications. Projects involve the testing and characterization of semi-conductor devices, readout electronics, and the development of instrumentation systems composed of sensors, electronics, computers, and software. The person selected for this position will provide support on existing programs, while contributing to bidding on new research programs.
- An MS, PhD, or equivalent in Physics or in a related field, plus two years post-doc, or
- other experience.
- Strong communication skill and ability is a must
- Research and development on solid-state devices, detectors, and instruments
- Experience with semiconductor device testing, data processing, mechanical and
- electrical design basics.
- Hands-on experience in electronics, computer interfacing, spectroscopy, optics, and
- Digital signal processing and microprocessor-based system integration.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Staff Scientist/ Engineer
Location: Watertown, MA
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 342475
Posted Date: 10/26/2018