Mictrostategy Engineer - North Brunswick, NJ
Ideal candidate will partner closely with different IT and Business teams to analyze and design new reports and dashboards to provide functionality within a complex data environment involving multiple data sources of interrelated data sets, data design, modeling, and implementation to allow timely and accurate data mining and analysis techniques.
Key areas of focus:
• Develops specific, customized reports, ad hoc analyses, and/or data visualizations using BI tools such as Microstrategy.
• Analyzes key metrics for trends and relationships that can improve business experience and operational efficiency
• Compiles/mines data from a variety of sources internal and external.
• Ability to present data to senior leaders for ad-hoc analyses using Visual Insight.
• Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies
• Partners with technology and/or with other business groups
• Analyzes operational pilots and new business processes for effectiveness.
• Work closely with the centralized BI team and provide recommendations as needed.
• Release management, security/access, change management and maintenance of IIS MIS platform.
• Troubleshoots issues and restores service or data. Creates, updates test plans.
• Performance tuning of underlying data model, dashboards and reports. Expert in creating intelligent cubes etc.
• 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as engineering, accounting, finance, economics, computer sciences
• 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling using Microstrategy. Well versed with Microstrategy Architect tool and expert in creating reporting services documents.
• Experienced in architecting reporting solutions with multi source databases and data entitlements.
• 3+ years of database experience in Oracle and proficient in writing complex queries.
• Knowledge in ETL tools like Informatica or SQL Server SSIS.
• Microstrategy certification will be preferred like MCAE or MCEP.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Effectively communicate analytical results and make recommendations for key business decisions
• Ability to perform research, trend, analyze data, summarize and recommend new strategies and solutions.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to acquire new concepts and skills quickly.
• Proficient in various realms of documentation (such as code, requirements, development plans)
North Brunswick, NJ
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mictrostategy Engineer
Location: North Brunswick, NJ
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342548
Posted Date: 10/9/2018