Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic - Allen Park, MI
- The Telematics team has an opening in the EPID team for core module D&R engineers to support the design, development and implementation of a "fast to market" cellular device to support vehicle connectivity.
- EPID stands for Enterprise Plug In Device, and it is also called EWID for Enterprise Wired In Device and dongle.
- The primary functions of the EPID is to provide connectivity as a modem and enable connectivity functionality via access the electrical network structure.
- The EPID will act as an onboard tester, communicating diagnostic requests via various CAN busses, and interfacing with backend or cloud servers over cellular and with cellular phones via BT/BLE.
- The EPID features include: modem, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Location Services, Vehicle Data Services, Command and Control (locking/starting), BT or BLE, and many others.
- The EPID will interface with the vehicle CAN buses and act as a tester.
- The features include: modem, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Location Services, Vehicle Data Services, Command and Control (locking/starting), and many others.
- The position may include future growth into other areas of telematics such as onboard modems and more extensive use of BLE technology.
The responsibilities of this job include the following:
- Interface between the supplier, IT, CV&S and other team members to develop and validate the EPID features.
- Manage and refine engineering requirements and validation plan for the EPID module from a hardware perspective and from a feature perspective.
- Work with the supplier and other OEM team members to ensure supplier deliverables are achieved for each milestone.
- Lead validation process and ensure that all project deliverables are met for each milestone.
- Support/lead vehicle package design review utilizing tools such as Vismockup and digital buck.
- Design and release of telematics electronic control module for automotive OEM and / or for automotive Electronic Control Manufacturer
- Design and validation engineering experience
- Experience with embedded module architecture: Microcontrollers, SoC, Flash, RAM, device drivers, etc.
- Experience in automotive connectivity solutions such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, vehicle networking, etc.
- Understanding of vehicle electrical systems and CAN network communication
- Ability to manage suppliers to meet program timing
- Strong engineering disciplines
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in CAD visualization tools like Vismockup and TeamCenter
- 3+ years of experience in design and release of electronic control module for automotive OEM and / or for automotive Electronic Control Manufacturer
- 2+ years of experience in automotive infotainment and telematics system design and development
- 2+ years of experience in automotive connectivity solutions such as Wi-Fi, Cellular, Bluetooth, vehicle networking
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Electrical or Computer
Allen Park, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic
Location: Allen Park, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342582
Posted Date: 10/10/2018