Manufacturing Engineering Technician - Redwood City, CA
Our client is globally diversified company with R&D innovation and manufacturing centers in Japan, Europe and the United States. Through leading-edge optical technologies, providing the most advanced clinically relevant endo-imaging solutions. Their Focal Ablation System sets a new standard for simplicity in ablation of Barrett’s esophagus. The device is a through-the-scope, highly compliant balloon catheter that is simultaneously inflated and cooled by an inert refrigerant delivered from a small disposable handheld unit.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
• Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering.
• Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
• Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
• Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
• Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
• Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
• Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
• Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
• Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering, utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
• Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
• Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the company Quality System.
• Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
• Supports periodic volume increases through testing of production product following applicable processes and procedures.
• Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Follow Manufacturing Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers
• Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics
• Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting
• Ability to develop and execute a detailed test plan.
• Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources
Redwood City, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 342628
Posted Date: 10/9/2018