Body Component Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of Body components.
- Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center with minimum of 3-4 years of experience in NX in a production release environment is highly preferred in exterior grilles, fascias, bumpers.
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body-Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems is acceptable.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- BIW in-plant launch experience preferred.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) preferred.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) preferred.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt preferred.
- Knowledgeable in regards to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel internationally 10% to Mexico and Canada.
- Will be required to travel domestically 20-40% to local plant locations
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Body Component Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342655
Posted Date: 10/18/2018