Checker - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: Sr. Checker
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Hourly Rate: $51.25hr
- We currently have multiple openings in Sterling Heights, MI for Sr. Checkers with Pro/E Creo experience to work on a Military Vehicle Program.
- Examines engineering CAD models, drawings and documentation for accuracy, completeness, and sound design to prescribed standards and contractual requirements.
- Interprets applicable drawing standard requirements and assesses the quality of the technical backup data.
- Investigates errors and recommends solutions.
- Provides direction in the correction of errors in calculations, dimensions, and design specifications.
- Collaborates with program managers, engineers, drafters and designers.
- Exercises authority to reject incorrect documentation in terms of technical content, standards, and specifications.
- Supports Drafting/Drawing Standards and reference manual revisions.
- Strong knowledge of products and functional or technical area; good knowledge of engineering principles and practices in area of expertise.
- A thorough understanding of applicable ASME and MIL standards including but not limited to MIL-STD-31000, ASME Y14.2-2014, ANSI Y14.5, ASME Y14.24, ASME Y14.35 and ASME Y14.41
- Skilled in the application and understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5M), broadly equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with the validation of tolerance stacks including impact of GD&T.
- Familiarity with common manufacturing practices and capabilities, experience supporting build events, both prototype and production.
- Good communication skills, common sense and the patience to explain drawing changes, standards requirements and represent documentation requirements at meetings etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with direct supervisors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and executing checking work while being sensitive to schedule.
- Able to perform other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned by direct supervisor or Department Manager.
- A proven track record of complying with company policies and procedures.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative.
- Possess technical knowledge and familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
- A minimum of 8 years of design experience plus 4 years as a checker; or 5 years as an engineer and 2 years as a checker.
- Creo 4 experience is a plus
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Checker
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 342755
Posted Date: 10/10/2018