OSHA Incident Representative - Fremont, CA
OSHA Incident Representative (Contract to direct)
The Incident Representative will report to and will proactively manage programs and processes to reduce the severity of any potential general liability, workers comp and property/auto claims. Provides ongoing support to the Senior Manager of Safety by independently investigating claims and managing the treatment of injured workers in the repair and/or replacement of property damage. The Incident Manager will be responsible for communication with employees, clinics, and the Risk Management Team in order to provide great customer service. This position is cross functional with HR, Legal, Risk Management and Recruiting.
• First contact in the investigation and recording of work related and non- work related injuries and incidents.
• Provide direction to injured workers and supervisors regarding medical evaluation and treatment of any injuries ranging from 1st Aid to Advanced Life Support.
• Follows up with injured workers to determine return to work status and ongoing treatment.
• Compiles witness statement and incident reports into a consolidated file and determines root cause of incident and recommends disciplinary and corrective actions.
• Create claims file
o Enter Doctors and clinic reports.
o Enter photos & field reports.
o Follow up on investigations.
• Investigate complaints from injured workers of potential unsafe work conditions.
• Manage OSHA recordkeeping (300 Log).
• Manage initial ergonomic workplace assessments and provides on going follow up.
• Evaluates the injury and assesses job duties to ensure reasonable accommodation is being made.
• Investigate & track Near Miss Incidents.
• Identifies Subrogation opportunities and assigns to Risk Management.
• Drug Testing Program Management.
• Responds to RFP & Pre-Qualification requests from business partners, clients and regularly agencies.
• Additional safety related projects as needed.
• Must have 5-7 years of recent Workers Compensation Claims Experience in a Med-Only role.
• Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of advanced industry terminology and how to successfully adjudicate medical claims.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of workers compensation laws, policies and procedures.
• WCCA or insurance certifications preferred.
• Understanding of medical and legal terminology.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Strong mathematical calculating skills.
• Excellent computer processing skills.
• Thrive in a team environment.
• Quick and accurate data entry skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Exercises a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor.
• Capable of lifting 15 lbs.
If you are interested in applying, please call Tom Cooper at 408-452-8747 Ext.5354, or click the “Apply” button.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: OSHA Incident Representative
Location: Fremont, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 342859
Posted Date: 10/10/2018