Technical Writer I (2-3 Months) - Santa Barbara, CA
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Technical Writer in Santa Barbara, CA. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am - 5pm
• 2-3 month assignment to update all procedures and migrate to a document control software system
• Work with engineers and production staff to gather accurate information for procedures.
• Transcribe physical manufacturing practices into standard operating procedures.
• Create LEAN documentation that is clearly organized, understandable, error-free, and grammatically correct.
• Develop Microsoft Word and Excel templates for lot travelers, forms, checklists etc.
• Release documents using EtQ Document Control software.
• Work to a team project plan and due dates
• Archive hard and soft copies of previous revision procedures and forms
• Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
• Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
• Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Contact with others is primarily internal.
Education / Experience
• Associate Degree or related experience in engineering documentation field with a minimum of two or more years of technical writing experience
• Strong verbal and written communications, as well as proofreading
• Should possess strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to stream-line practices into lean procedures
• Ability to watch a process and then translate to a written procedure
• Ability to incorporate photos in Microsoft Word
• Must be familiar with manufacturing environment
• Ability to stand for long periods of time in clean room environment
• Ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time
• Ability to climb one flight of stairs multiple times through-out work day
Santa Barbara, CA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Writer I (2-3 Months)
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343041
Posted Date: 10/12/2018