Powertrain Design Release Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Design and develop Powertrain Components using established best practice principles.
- The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R).
- Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities.
- Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary.
- Participate in the team and subgroups in reviewing and updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises and reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- Entry level Engineer will be considered if a strong candidate, but prefer at least 1.5 years of experience on axle or driveline components with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Powertrain / Engine / Transmission / Driveline / Axle operation and components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine/Transmission / Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
- Green/black belt in Shainin or DFSS desirable.
- CAE experiences on Powertrain structure
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle, home or other technically complex project
- Knowledge of OEM Systems and/or products a plus
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Design Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343461
Posted Date: 10/18/2018