Electrified Component Release Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Designs electrical systems by developing and testing components.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms systems and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests internally and externally.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional engineering societies. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The Electrified Propulsion Component Release Engineer will be responsible for the activities related to Power Electronics components (inverters and converters) designs for Electrified Vehicle applications.
- This position entails working with power electronics suppliers to ensure corporate requirements and specifications,as well as industry best practice design features and processes, are implemented for manufacturing, assembly, reliability, etc.
- Additionally, this position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of documentation outlining best practices supporting OEM internal continuous improvement initiatives and the development of producttechnology roadmaps.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering 2 years of engineering experience in high voltage/power electronics
- Demonstrable understanding of power electronics and devices
- Understanding of electricalengineering protocols and standards
- Working technical knowledge in applications engineering and product design/development (specifically within an automotive context)
- Working level knowledge of DVP&R and DFMEA
- • Knowledge of change Notes process.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Working level knowledge of Power Electronics analysis and simulations tools
- Ability to interface professionally with key customers, cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities, one's own time while being mindful of deadlines
- Must be task oriented, detail oriented, and accurate with work
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years of experience in high voltage/high power/electric vehicle environments
- Power electronics/electrical models and simulation experience
- Power electronics specifications expertise
- Electric motor and powertrain controls experience
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and fabrication experience
- Semi-conductor manufacturing knowledge.
- Familiar with OEM CN, eCIM systems is a plus
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Electrified Component Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343487
Posted Date: 10/23/2018