Senior Product Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family.
- Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel.
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- The individual filling this position will be responsible for the system development, testing and validation of manual transmission clutch/hydraulics and related components.
- The specific responsibilities include developing test plans, executing data acquisition, data analysis and reporting, developing functional objectives and evaluating overall system performance to ensure it meets customer requirements.
- Extended responsibilities include team leadership, vehicle adaptation, system calibration, support the analysis and resolution of warranty claims, and validation of cost reduction initiatives and product launch support.
- The Engineer will be responsible to successfully interact and communicate clutch/hydraulics system requirements to Program Management, Vehicle Integration, Procurement & Supply, Supplier Quality, and associated engineering organizations.
- The Engineer will define and develop customer functional objectives and prepare formal documentation as required by each program to include source packages, DVP&R's, competitive benchmarking and related program management documents.
- The chosen candidate will lead simultaneous engineering activities with the supplier and affected vehicle engineering teams for all major programs.
- The engineer will lead and participate in FMEA activities both in-house and at the suppliers.
- The candidate will review design engineering calculations.
- He/she will coordinate and assist in the development of validation plans with the supplier and internal reliability organizations and participate in warranty reviews; support resolution of product quality issues. The engineer will assist in the analysis and resolution of NVH related issues and validate product changes as required to support product improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- He/she will lead testing activities including the support of road trips and special event vehicle testing.
- BSME or BSEE from an ABET accredited university.
- Other engineering disciplines may be considered with relevant experience.
- Minimum two years engineering experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Logical thinker who can sort through complex problems in pursuit of a resolution.
- 5+ years of product release or product development experience
- 2+ years in automotive powertrain or driveline
- Driveline component vehicle adaptation experience.
- Driveline component manufacturing experience.
- Data acquisition and vehicle test experience
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition tools such CDA, CANalyzer, CANape, Racelogics and/or INCAPrevious FMEA , DVP&R and PFMEA experience.
- Knowledge of DFSSDOEFUNCTION MODEL
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Product Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343671
Posted Date: 10/23/2018