Program Manager - Southborough, MA
Drives all aspects of IT Project, Program and Portfolio activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments. Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for IT projects. Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget. Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Provides technical and process guidance to project team.
Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives. Ensures consistency and adherence to company standards, processes, and policies for all projects. Manages all aspects of the project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting. Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control. Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues. Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan. Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members. May be responsible for multiple Project Managers dedicated to a common project or fewer large/highly complex customer Projects/Deliverables
• Manages a broader portfolio of projects as well as projects within that portfolio or a highly complex project.
• Responsible for overseeing Process Improvements and/or Application Reliability Management. Projects are likely to have few precedents and may have global impact.
• Works under direction of IT executives and/or more senior Project Managers.
• Has extensive interaction with internal customers and senior business leadership.
• Responsible for mentoring less- experienced Project Managers.
• Contributes to the development of the Program’s structure and manages aspects of the broader program activities
• May prepare, present, distribute project, program, or portfolio information to all levels of the company and Customer management and staff; as well as others both internal and external to the organization; represents the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external resources
• May be responsible for all or multiple aspects of the Project Management Office (PMO) functions for a particular portfolio
• Independently manages multiple larger Complex projects, programs, or small portfolios that require high levels of functional integration and organizational change management
• Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
• Expert understanding of IT Project Management principles and techniques; preferred certification
• Extensive experience in managing change and engaging team members
• Expert ability to provide direction and leadership to others
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Southborough, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343729
Posted Date: 10/17/2018