Cloud Security Architect Consultant - Hopkinton, MA
Location: First preference is Austin, TX. Open to Hopkinton, MA as well.
Cloud Security Architect Consultant
The resource will be an integral part of the team and will be focused on driving key objectives related to our Modern Data Center Program.
Looking for a consultant at heart.
- • Proven Software Defined Networking experience in large and complex environments
- • Proven Hybrid/Public Cloud experience in large and complex environments
- •Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- •Individuals with CISSP, CISM, or CCSP certifications preferred
- •10+ years Security experience Day to Day Activities
- •Define security requirements and architectures while engaging directly with stakeholders within the company’s Business Units and the Information Technology organizations to ensure products, services and solutions are designed to adhere to those requirements across private, hybrid and public Cloud environments.
- •Define Software Defined Networking security requirements and architectures while engaging directly with stakeholders within Business Units and the Information Technology organizations to ensure products, services and solutions are designed to adhere to those requirements across private, hybrid and public Cloud environments.
- •Support the development of Cloud solutions that meet regulatory requirements including, but not limited to EU GDPR, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.
- •Assist with the development, maintenance and communication of Cloud security policies and procedures.
- •Contribute into the development and delivery of a world class Cloud training program.
- •Utilize program and project management techniques to drive successful initiatives.
- •Engage on assigned initiatives, projects, programs
- •Participate in scheduled meetings
Cloud Security Architect Consultant (more specific around proven Software Defined Networking with Hybrid/Public Cloud experience)
The Cloud Security Consultant will join the company’s internally facing, corporate Cybersecurity Consulting organization with responsibility for contributing significant experience & technical skillset into burgeoning Cloud Security & Business Enablement Center of Excellence.
Under the supervision of the Cybersecurity Consulting Director the Cloud Consultant will be considered a security & technical expert in Software Defined Networking, Cloud technology, architecture, designs, systems implementation & integration & will assist in the development & communication of authoritative Cloud focused policies, standards, guidelines & control requirements.
The Consultant will be required to perform technical research when necessary to contribute to setting Cloud security direction & strategy. The Consultant will also partner closely with teams to ensure the success of their Software Defined Networking & Cloud programs & projects. The Cybersecurity Consulting organization’s core mission is to provide team members, vendors/suppliers, & customers a consistent, effective, & positive Security engagement experience. The resource will be an integral part of the team and will be focused on driving key objectives related to our Modern Data Center Program.
- •Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing & shifting priorities
- •Ability to efficiently summarize complex, cross-organizational initiatives
- •Ability to help drive agreement on priorities through the influencing of & negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing or conflicting goals
- •Ability to engage executive level stakeholders on complex matters in a substantive manner with little to no oversight & limited guidance •Ability to confidently & effectively present complex technical topics to senior non-technical audiences
- •Ability to work collaboratively & effectively as part of larger matrixed organization
- •Ability to quickly organize & direct virtual teams as necessary to accomplish goals
- •Excellent written & verbal communication skills •Pragmatic, results-driven, value focused & accountability-minded
- •Mastery of Cloud service & deployment models (e.g. CaaS, SaaS, IaaS, & PaaS) & proven experience migrating on premise solutions to the Cloud
- •Proven Software Defined Networking experience in large and complex environments •Proven Hybrid/Public Cloud experience in large and complex environments
- •Knowledge of Cloud-native/Cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms such as OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Ping, etc.
- •Experience working with Cloud access security brokers (CASBs) & other governance solutions designed to provide visibility into Cloud usage. Provide risk based recommendations to Executive leaders which address unsanctioned applications.
- •Detailed technical knowledge & experience with network security, authentication, security protocols, access control, cryptography, application security & data protection
- •Coordinate with system architects & developers to provide guidance in creating & integrating secure Cloud based designs
- •Proven success with the following technologies: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware virtualization solutions, Pivotal, Windows & Linux based platforms, etc.
- •Advanced experience with leading laws, regulations, standards & best practices including, but not limited to, CSA CCM, NIST, ISO, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, & EU GDPR
- •Experience building a security catalog of best practices, techniques & patterns to enable secure network implementations
- •Hands-on experience with multiple security technologies such as Firewall
Temp to Perm; looking to convert contractor to a permanent employee beginning of 2019
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Cloud Security Architect Consultant
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 343741
Posted Date: 10/18/2018