National Manager Automotive Distribution Center - South Windsor, CT
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Automotive Parts Distribution Center, including operational, customer satisfaction, service performance, financial and administrative. Objective is to meet or exceed the stated KPI’s, goals and expressed Company standards. It is the responsibility of the National Manager to stay apprised of the evolving and changing objectives in step with the entire organization.
- Experience in warehousing and logistics management as well as general supervisory experience.
- Experience in warehousing and logistics management, as well as general supervisory experience .
- Familiarity with personal computers and automated material handling equipment is essential. Excellent Access and Excel Skill
- Experience in planning, staffing, budgeting, organizing, planning, controlling and communications are essential
- 8-10 years Supervisory Experience Required
- Direct the operations of the distribution center management team to achieve stated goals and KPI’s objectives. Key measurable include safety, inventory accuracy, productivity and customer satisfaction. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques; create programs to supervise, counsel subordinates when appropriate.
- Ensure the development of systems, procedures and processes for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
- Maintain appropriate contact with Dealers for the purpose of process improvement, customer service and providing recommendations of policy development.
- Develop and administer annual operating budget. Implement and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within budgetary constraints.
- Maintain contact with customers. Hold management and staff meetings to organize distribution center activities.
- Participate in local trade, professional and civic associations as a representative of the company.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Ensure the creation of the necessary information to communicate how the Automotive Part Center is meeting company objectives.
- Facilitate the efficient operations of the distribution center
- Justify the procurement of mechanized equipment, facilities and operating supplies necessary to optimize process effectiveness.
- Develop processes to ensure the efficient operation and utilization of all warehouse equipment and personnel
- Monitor the space layout plan to ensure that it continues to meet operational standards.
- Implement and maintain planning for parts relocation and effective space utilization when required.
- Establish industry contacts necessary for benchmarking best practices and business development.
- Participate in Regional Organization and Parts Manager Club meetings where appropriate.
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
MAJOR CHALLENGES AND KEY DECISIONS
- High tolerance for ambiguity is essential.
- Responsible for the safety and security of personnel, inventory, equipment and physical property.
- Degree/Diploma Obtained Program of Study Required/Preferred
- Bachelors Required
South Windsor, CT
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: National Manager Automotive Distribution Center
Location: South Windsor, CT
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 343913
Posted Date: 11/2/2018