Information Security Engineer (Remote Location) - Lynchburg, VA
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a remote location Information Security Engineer. While this is a 7+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Projects - Provide contributions as assigned to any/all in-scope projects
• Serve as primary escalation point for customer incidents and requests as assigned, as well as any daily activity encountered during the daily operations of CenturyLinks Managed Security Services.
• Act as liaison between MSS and parallel or upper tier groups to ensure resolution of escalated issues.
• Case Management - Creation and regular maintenance of cases for client impacting security issues, administrative and maintenance tasks, as well as appliance issues. Security Engineers are also responsible for managing Ticket/Case queue to ensure that all applicable cases are resolved within applicable SLO/SLA requirements.
• Tuning and Maintenance- regularly participate in tuning, maintenance and patching activities of all applicable MSS platforms within established guidelines and procedures.
• 3-5 years of general IT and Networking Experience
• 1-3 years of Security Engineering Experience, preferably within a MSS or multi-tenant environment
• Proven ability and past experience performing security analysis for information technology is required
• Experience with a variety of information and network security tools (Microsoft AD/OMS, NetSkope CASB, TrendMicro Deep Security, SailPoint IdentityNow or similar technologies)
• Self-starter able to complete objectives with little supervision
• Experience in Security Analysis preferred
• Experience in the administration of security technologies, SIEM, log analysis and forensics.
• Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
Industry/ Vendor Certifications:
• Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP)
• Security +
• Ethical Hacking
* Must have significant hands-on administration experience with a variety of information and network security tools (Microsoft AD/OMS, NetSkope CASB, TrendMicro Deep Security, SailPoint IdentityNow or similar technologies)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Information Security Engineer (Remote Location)
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 344021
Posted Date: 10/22/2018