Design Supervisor - Rochester Hills, MI
· Evaluates design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics and client specifications.
· Integrate findings, concepts and sketches into viable design ideas.
· Present design to customers or employees of organization and discuss need for modification and change.
· Provide prototype parts using SLA technology
· Provide illustrations to engineers for quoting purposes.
· Prepare 3D models and working drawings from sketches and design specifications.
· Plastic Injection Molded Components, Castings, Stamped metal brackets and Fluid routing (metal and nylon).
· Design products for custom applications.
· Interpreting and applying GD&T to ASME Y14.5 2009 standards and reviewing of others work.
· Ability to utilize UGNX and NX Sketcher and fully constrain sketch to meet design requirements.
· Manage and direct up to 10 direct reports in multiple locations.
· Track and schedule job requests based on available resources and project timing.
· Generate and maintain key process indicators on a monthly basis and propose improvement opportunities to meet goals.
· Must have understanding of Team Center systems.
· Knowledge of OEM design systems essential.
· Mentor and train team members on processes and best practices for design and documentation of products.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in automotive sector.
· Designer Supervisor or Lead experience.
Rochester Hills, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Design Supervisor
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 344113
Posted Date: 10/24/2018