Principal Systems Engineer - Lawrenceville, GA
Position DescriptionThe Principal Systems Engineer is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provides technical expertise and is responsible for the system architecture, system requirements, standards and design. Is recognized as a professional authority in at least one engineering discipline or specialty area. Designs, implements and maintains complex systems infrastructure including applications, services, servers, management tools, and performance tools. Collaborates with peer Sr. level IT team members within the organization to develop solutions for complex technical problems & business requirements.
LOCATION: Lawrenceville, GA 30043
HOURS: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
STATUS: Contract through 3/31/2019 with possibility of direct hire
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works on usually complex development problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. • Aid in establishing systems philosophy and design objectives. • Works in developing systems and IT standards and base building block architectures • Assess and evaluate new IT technologies • Contributes to development of new principles & concepts. • Conceive and develop solutions to solve business problems leveraging analytical, design, and experience. • Identifies improvement opportunities and contributes to improvement of processes and products. • Functions independently and decisions serve as precedents for future issues. • Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range objectives. • Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of large, complex projects. • Frequently serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different disciplines within the organization. • Provides functional or program leadership. • May directly supervise support staff and/or small group of less experienced team members.
- Expert project management skills; task-focused and results-oriented delivery.
- Expert experience with an operating systems environment and experience with others: Windows Server OS, AIX/Linux/Unix. In-depth enterprise storage experience. Windows Engineering Specific Requirements.
- Applies advanced system architecture & networking methodologies, concepts, procedures and practices in one or more IT areas.
- Expert knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc. Expert knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and methods
- Expert understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Expert understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere 4 and/or 5 is a must (VCP 4/5 required).
- Expert knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.) AIX/Linux/Unix Specific Requirements: Applies expert system architecture & networking methodologies, concepts, procedures and practices in one or more IT areas.
- Expert knowledge of Unix OS types ( AIX strong like to have ) Expert knowledge of authentication and directory services ( NIS, LDAP ) , etc.
- Expert knowledge with system management tools, philosophies and methods: SMIT,NIM, installp SAM , Webmin, YaST, system-config-*, Linuxconfig
- Expert understanding of system automation and scripting ( shell programming, Perl, Python ) cron
- Expert understanding of cluster technologies - HACMP, Shared file systems ( ASM )
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, NIS, VPN, routing)
- Expert understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (AIX VIOS strong like to have, KVM,)
- Expert knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etherchannel, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning and performance problem determination.
- Storage Technology Specific Requirements: in-depth knowledge of SAN networking, in-depth knowledge of SAN zoning, in-depth knowledge of share storage methods, understanding of data protections and raid technologies, in-depth knowledge of storage performance characteristics.
Qualifications:Requires Bachelor's Degree in related field
Requires minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure support.
Requires minimum of 7 years of experience with Microsoft operating systems and networking.
Requires minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
Requires minimum of 5 years of experience with Windows operating systems
Requires minimum of 5 years of experience with VMWare ESX products.
Requires thorough knowledge of TCP/IP protocol; requires extensive knowledge of networking hardware and ability to use that knowledge to configure and maintain installed systems.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Principal Systems Engineer
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 344120
Posted Date: 10/23/2018