Development and Benchmarking Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Development and Benchmarking Engineer - Intermediate will assess FE technology and on companies and competitive powertrains in vehicle and at component level.
- Direct measurement of powertrain system performance will be measured for FE, drivability, and GHG.
- Powertrain Benchmarking Database will be developed and maintained with compiled data.
- Powertrain Benchmarking workshops will be organized and led for procurement, teardown, and data collection of competitive powertrains and support technology roadmaps and work with competitive intelligence team to determine future trends.
- Engineer will support Powertrain Benchmarking at industry consortium.
- Additional DetailsPowertrain FE Development and Benchmarking Engineer will assess fuel economy technology and competitive powertrains in vehicle and at component level.
- Direct measurement of powertrain system performance will be measured for FE, drivability, and emissions for company and competitive vehicles.
- System level evaluations will be conducted for evaluating fuel economy potential including thermal and electrical systems.
- Analytical and empirical methods including vehicle level tests, dynamometer testing, and component spin rig testing will be used.
- Statistical methods will be used to determine effectiveness of potential technologies to meet future standards.
- BSME or BSEE or equivalent + 3 years industry experience or MSME, MSEE or equivalent
- Professional powertrain experience such as full time or internships in powertrain or supplier organizations.
- Experience could include calibration, development, simulation, or hardware release of engine, transmission, or hybrid systems.
- Experience using instrumentation and data acquisition.
- Experience using Matlab and INCA
- Travel and Driving Requirements
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Development and Benchmarking Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 344204
Posted Date: 10/30/2018