Contracts & Business Administration Manager - Irvine, CA
Position: Contracts & Business Administration Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Corporate Business Administration
Reports To: Contracts & Business Administration Senior Manager
Location: Irvine, CA
Ideal Candidate: Able to communicate with various personality of people (internal/external), Able to work overtime to take care of urgent matters, Able to work in a global company (the HQ is in Japan), Detail-oriented and fast-paced personality, clear communication styles.
The Contracts & Business Administration Manager is responsible for the corporate administration of the business operation. A day-to-day role may involve accounting, marketing, purchasing, operations, inventory, facilities and human resources. The Contracts & Business Administration Manager is charged with facilitating and overseeing efficient operations. May recommend, draft and administer changes to policies or procedures to improve operations, planning budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies, and monitoring the safety equipment and facilities to ensure that they comply with government regulations.
The Contracts & Business Administration Manager’s role is often to communicate business status and activities to executive management or those tasked with decision-making and company policy. The Contracts & Business Administration Manager plays an important role communicating between corporate staff and executive management. Effective communication and organization skills are critical and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds. Critical thinking and negotiation skills are used day-to-day in business transactions and interpersonal relations.
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
• Negotiates and/or approves contracts and agreements.
• Studies Company’s growth patterns and makes recommendations for future growth/expansion.
• Establishes and carry out departmental and Company’s goals, policies and procedures.
• In conjunction with Contracts & Business Administration Senior Manager oversees the Company’s financial and budgetary activities.
• Uses critical thinking to implement sound business practices.
• Works closely with Operations and Human Resources Departments to meet company goals.
• Innovates by applying new technologies in the workplace (Restaurant & Corporate).
• Meets with potential business partners (Payroll/HR/IT software and systems developers).
• Identify places to cut costs and to improve performance, policies and programs.
• Drafts Corporate business administration procedures.
• Builds business relationships with suppliers, vendors and outside contacts.
• Other tasks as assigned by Executive Management.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Reports all irregular issues, problems and recommends solutions to the Contracts & Business Administration Senior Manager.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
• Interacts with customers and Operations to respond to complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
• Helps solve problems that affect the store’s efficiency, service and productivity.
• Provides excellent customer service and satisfaction when visible and readily accessible to our customers.
Safety, Loss Prevention and Procedural Compliance:
• Assists Operations in Loss Prevention in curbing internal and external theft.
• Ensures satisfactory maintenance, appearance and condition of assigned areas to comply with security, safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
• Complies with all Health and OSHA requirements.
• 4-year college degree in Business Administration preferred but not required; 5 years’ experience desired, in a retail or corporate establishment. Experience in a similar or comparable work environment, strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook required.