Accounts Payable Supervisor - Irvine, CA
Job Title: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Location: Irvine, CA
FLSA Classification: exempt, Fulltime
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Hourly Rate: Up to 55K annual
Supervises approx. 5 staff
Responsible for activities and operations in the accounts payable function for the organization. Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner.
• Responsible for overseeing all activities and operations in the accounts payable department
• Oversees a staff of 3-4 accounts payable clerks
• Reviews high volume accounts payable entries made by staff members for accuracy and ensures payments are made in a timely manner
• Ensures that all invoices are have proper GL coding before being posted
• Ensures that company policies are followed for all payables related transactions, including proper authorizations and approvals
• Ability to clearly communicate company policies and procedures related to the accounts payable process to all levels of the organization
• Maintains accurate and up to date vendor list, including the collection of W-9’s
• Issues year-end 1099’s
• Monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation of A/P aging report to GL accounts
• Oversee the entry of multiple credit card transactions and account statement reconciliations
• Assists with the calculation and entry of month end accruals
• Enters wire payment information to online banking platform
• Provides cash requirement projection reports
• Assists with the maintenance of pre-paid accounts and ensure proper and timely (re)classifications
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with vendors and store personnel
• Assists with month, quarterly and annual closings
• Assists management during quarterly audits
• Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedure
• Seeks constant improvement or more efficient and less expensive ways and means in department work processes.
• Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
• Follows up to complete any assigned work.
• Maintains good communication with executive management, office staff members and outside contacts.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience with GP preferred but not required
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
Minimum of intermediate level Excel skills