Simulation Engineer - Dearborn, MI
- Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods.
- Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing.
- Conduct Job Ergonomics evaluations.
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis.
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower and review daily employee manpower, analyze plant methods and standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of cost estimates of new or revised methods and standards.
- Review proposed changes in plant layout, processes, material handling, routing, etc.
- Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards.
- Conduct time and motion/MODAPTS studies and review employee proposals and suggestions.
- Develop cycle line layouts for current and future models using ACAD.
- Lead job methodization and process allocations.
- Coordinate engineering changes and planning.
- Conduct value stream mapping and process audits.
- Develop cost saving project proposals and write projects as required.
- Interface with Production Supervision and the UAW to settle job disputes.
- Assist production in planning labor allocations for mix and line speed changes.
- Should possess the ability to analyze and resolve issues quickly through route cause analysis and drive change back to the production departments.
- Must have the necessary skill set to have job placement flexibility and the expectation to rotate to various positions within the plan such as Production or Quality.
- Should display strong customer orientation with a commitment to upholding plant processes through strict adherence to the Quality Operating System.
- Must demonstrate the ability to execute to achieve results, while organizing and managing multiple priorities.
- Should have a proven willingness to take a participatory approach to union relations and be a team player.
- Should have the ability to serve as a strong and confident technical mentor to the production organization (both hourly and salary).
- 1+ years’ experience in Industrial Engineering (co-op/internships)
- 1+ years’ experience in Microsoft Office
1 Year as Industrial Engineer or intern at an engineering firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
- MODAPTS Certification
- GSPAS knowledge
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in OEM (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding and communication skills
High School Diploma
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Simulation Engineer
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 344528
Posted Date: 10/24/2018