Server -Hardware Engineer - Round Rock, TX
Our client a well-known technology company is seeking Server/Hardware Engineer to join their winning team
On Site Server Engineer - Fixes server and storage hardware issues.
Work Schedule: 12 hour night shift, 7pm-7am, 3 days one week, 4 days the next, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and every other Sunday.
• Works with vendors and customers.
• Resolves Linux and Windows server issues.
• Experience with Windows, Linux, and VMWare.
• Experience with Dell server and storage hardware.
• Provides expertise in hardware support, and server administration of Windows Server, Linux (Red Hat/OEL), and VMware Virtualization platforms.
• Recognizes recurring problems and proactively works cross-functionally throughout the organization to recommend solutions and process improvements.
• Works with cross-functional IT groups, vendors, and business units to facilitate and resolve incidents, respond to customer requests, and conduct root cause analysis.
• Knowledgeable with maintaining server and storage hardware.
• Recognizes, troubleshoots and remediates technical server issues within service levels.
• Participates in root cause analysis of technical incidents and problem management.
• Participates in process and technical improvements to the IT environments and overall customer experience.
• Participates with incident, problem, change, and customer request management within the Windows, Linux, and Virtualization domains.
• Documents platforms and processes for ongoing operations.
• Monitors overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and tune appropriately.
• Investigates and resolves system problems and system performance.
• Identifies systemic problems within the enterprise and develops/rolls out solutions to drive down instability.
• Creates automation where appropriate to reduce workloads of the team and for partner teams.
• Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding enhancements, innovations and solutions.
• Experience supporting Microsoft technologies in a highly available environment, with knowledge of MS Clustering technologies
• Knowledgeable with networking and storage concepts.
• Knowledgeable on cloud technologies, including private, public, and hybrid.
• Knowledgeable on ITIL process. Soft Skills
• Gets along well with others and team-focused.
• Mentor junior team members to share best practices.
• Customer-focused. Exceptional communication skills.
• Strong sense of urgency.
• Willing to work with many cross functional teams in a complex large global environment.
• Scripting knowledge:
• Able to generate reports through scripting.
• Ability to automate tasks to gain operational efficiencies.
• ITIL certified.
• Windows, Linux, and/or VMware certification.
• 2+ years in an administration and or support role with Windows and Virtualization.
• Associate’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or equivalent experience.
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Hardware
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Server -Hardware Engineer
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 344962
Posted Date: 12/13/2018