Mechanical Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Design and develop Powertrain Components using established best practice principles.
- The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R). Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities.
- Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary.
- Participate in the team and subgroups in reviewing and updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises and reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
- Entry level Engineer will be considered if a strong candidate, but prefer at least 1.5 years of experience on engine components with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Powertrain / Engine / Transmission operation and components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine/Transmission / Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
- Green/black belt in Shainin or DFSS desirable.
- CAE/CFD experiences on Powertrain structure
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle, home or other technically complex project
- Working knowledge of Casting and Injection Molding processes.
- Knowledge of FCA Systems and/or products a plus
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345016
Posted Date: 10/30/2018