Industrial Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
- Plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities.
- Develops work assignments based on a predetermined time standard.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Ability to take on and own leadership roles in executing the launch plan.
- Provides mentoring and direction to less experienced team members.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Develop and improve work methods.
- Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
- Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
- Perform manpower planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
- Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and goal driven.
Candidates must be able to start assignment within 2 weeks of offer acceptance
- Bachelor Degree - Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Automotive Assembly Process Knowledge
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Process
- MS Office Suite
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills
Proficient or Certified in MODAPTS
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- May be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 0%
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Industrial Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345123
Posted Date: 11/28/2018