UX Writer - Mountain View, CA
We are currently seeking a seasoned UX Writer for a 12+ month contractual opportunity with our client in Mountain View, CA. The qualified candidate work as an integral part of a product team, collaborating closely and effectively both with designers and with the extended product team, including other UX writers, managers, engineers, researchers, product management, legal, and marketing. You will write, edit, and coordinate the production of in-product strings and documentation. We're looking for someone to learn the technical, design, and business context, anticipate partner and user issues that may arise, and proactively drive development of documentation. Additionally, you will plan, research, and write UI text and related copy for a variety of products and features, and ensure that final text is incorporated in the final product.
- Help users understand the interface by authoring warm welcomes, tutorials, and other forms of user education.
- Help develop and promote writing guidelines and standards.
- Help coordinate translations, improve writing tools and processes, format documents, and generally lend a hand as needed to produce world-class products.
- BA/BS degree; or in lieu of degree, 8+ years’ relevant work experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience – Content Strategy
- Advanced editing, writing, and project management skills for a broad range of audiences, including but not limited to UX writing and longer-form technical or design documentation.
- Proven ability to take the initiative and see complex projects through to completion with minimal direction.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable learning about and discussing technical issues, ranging from engineering details to animation or design minutiae.
- Knowledge of a few typical design tools like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch; for example, for editing text in mocks or preparing screenshots
- Experience with consumer-focused writing for computing platforms.
- Ability to work independently
- Comfort level with ambiguity
- Familiarity with localization practices and issues, including the ability to spot potential translation issues and the kinds of information translators need about a particular string to translate it effectively.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets.
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of critical business or technical concepts related to a product area, such as in-depth knowledge of legal, marketing, or other factors that impact a product's development; or specialized knowledge of technical issues related to a specific type of UI, such as location or security.
- Familiarity with source code management, build systems, and related processes.
Mountain View, CA
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Software
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: UX Writer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345212
Posted Date: 10/31/2018