Telecommunications Technician - Broomfield, CO
One of the world’s largest communication companies, our client has an opening for a telecommunications technician to work onsite in Broomfield, CO. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Understand BGP, EBGP, OSPF, MPLS, static routing, and have a basic understanding of LAN and WAN technology.
Works with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
Resolves complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU/DSU, carrier services.
Knowledge of VPN principles.
Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper and Adtran routers. Understanding of DNS.
1+ year of technical experience on a Adtran, Juniper or Cisco routers.
2-4 years of experience. 4-6 years of experience
• Analyzes and develops solution for failures and outages and coordinates the repair efforts of networking
• Performs both internal and external escalations on all hardware and software failures and all data related outages.
• Maintains and supports IP infrastructure.
• Fundamental knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of IP
• Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR)
• Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and Troubleshooting
• Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Telecommunications Technician
Location: Broomfield, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345303
Posted Date: 10/31/2018