Interior Plastics Release Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Interior Plastics Release Engineer will be responsible for Interior vehicle packaging and releasing, defining customer requirements in terms of engineering metrics, defining design direction, maintaining all critical program milestones, balancing priorities of multiple customers and executing designs through vehicle launch.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to establishing physical and functional integration of Functional Plastics Components for interior designs through all phases of the program.
- This includes the planning phase, translating functional objectives into technical requirements and solutions, creating and analyzing alternative design concepts, packaging, and integrating system, components, and benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an ABET accredited university is required.
- 1 to 3 years or more of Engineering product development experience in hard trim, plastics or body exterior plastics.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and Mold Flow Virtual Validation.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of CAD Systems (CATIA, UGNX) is preferred.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's licence and clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically an internationally, 5-20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Interior Plastics Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345611
Posted Date: 11/5/2018