Information Security Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Ranked as a Fortune 100 company, we have an opening for Information Security Engineers. Note: This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing (no C2C). This is initially a 6 month contract which could extend to 24 months. Check out the qualifications below. If you think that you meet these, please apply online.
Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Note: This is a W2 position with Advantage Resourcing (no C2C).
Description: 10+ years of experience in security applications and systems is preferred.
General Comments: We're looking for an Application Security Champion to join our team. As an ASC, you will bridge the gap between the core Enterprise Application Security Program and the numerous platform development teams. The ASC is responsible for training development teams in secure coding practices (Secure Requirements, Static and Dynamic code scans, code reviews, threat models) and assisting them in the interpretation of results and resolution within established time frames.
- Acts in a strategic role in the development and maintenance of extremely computer network security/protection systems and architectures.
- Provides security solutions that require resolution of complex operational and integration issues associated with networks, data systems, and applications to successfully deploy secure technologies and to enhance existing technologies.
- Leads computer security incident response activities, conducts technical investigation of security-related incidents and conducts post-incident digital forensics to identify causes and recommend future mitigation strategies.
- Serves as the highest level of information security consultant to all internal clients and technical management in all areas of the business to ensure conformity with corporate information security standards.
- Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
A successful candidate must have hands on experience developing software in a commercial/enterprise environment. The five essential skills any candidate must have are:
• Knowledge and understanding of secure SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies. This includes hands on experience writing and deploying enterprise applications.
• Knowledge and experience with Static Analysis Security Testing Tools, such as Fortify.
• Knowledge and understanding of Security Threats to Commercial Web Applications such as XSS, CRSF, SQL Injection.
• Excellent Communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Any of the following is a 'plus', but does not replace any of the essential requirements listed above:
• DAST (Dynamic Application Software Testing) experience.
• Mainframe security experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of information security threat management and mitigation domain.
• Knowledge and understanding of information security tools development UNIX and windows
• Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies.
• Hands on experience with FOSS, and open source application development tools and repositories.
• Knowledge or experience with all or some of the following practices; threat modeling, static analysis, bug bars, attack surface analysis, risk/privacy assessments, dynamic analysis, design requirements.
• Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems.
• Specific banking domain experience with one or more of the following: Community Banking, Consumer Leading, Wealth Management, Brokerage, Retirement Services and/or Wholesale Banking (Capital Markets).
Adv. Ref. #: 345810
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345810
Posted Date: 11/2/2018