Technical Support - New Century, KS
We are currently seeking (2) Operations Technicians for a 6+ month contractual opportunity with our client in New Century, KS. The Operations Technician I is responsible for providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment. In addition to working on the telephone with clients and internal employees, the qualified candidates will perform Tier 1 troubleshooting of routers, switches and other telecommunications devices. Complex issues that cannot be solved within the Tier 1 team are triaged to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Engineers.
Education / Experience - Minimum Qualifications:
- At least two years providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment
- Associate degree at minimum.
- Previous experience supporting Routers, Switches and other telecommunications equipment in a Call Center and Repair Center environment.
- Certifications from companies such as Cisco, Adtran and Juniper are desired.
- Understanding of the OSI networking models physical, data link, and network layers
- A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
- An understanding of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Experience with Cisco command line interface.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
- Expert level communication and customer service skills. This position works directly with clients and employees and partners in a repair situation.
- Proficiency with trouble ticketing applications and other Company Ordering, Inventory, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Repair systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Ability to answer customer calls and work issues via trouble tickets proficiently and independently.
- Ability to work all shifts in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Ability to recognize when to triage issues and Incidents to a higher tier of Technical Support.
- Ability to learn in an on-the-job training environment.
- Ability to manage repair activities in a Technical Support environment using internal systems and processes.
- Ability to collaborate with employees and third-party partners in a way that results in a positive repair experience for client base.
New Century, KS
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Support
Location: New Century, KS
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345833
Posted Date: 11/2/2018