Engineering Technician - Columbus, IN
- Support Advanced Engineering and Innovation Group product development and validation.
- Apply engineering fundamentals and standards methodology to instrumentation, testing, and measurements of the product and/or test sample.
- Complete work request on-time and assist supervisor in maintaining accurate work order status.
- Fabricate test fixtures as needed to support testing functions.
- Instrument test fixtures, commercial vehicle after-treatment devices, and/or components necessary to fulfill the customer’s requirements according to applicable standard methods or work requests.
- Operation, maintenance, calibration, and ensuring data quality for dynamometer engine test cells.
- Operation, maintenance, calibration, and ensuring data quality for various emissions measurement analyzers, FTIR’s, smoke meters, and mass spectrometers.
- Support continuous improvement through workplace organization, process improvement and technology improvement.
- Comply with total quality (TS16949) and environmental (ISO14001) systems.
- Knowledge of Diesel engine basics, test equipment and electronics.
- Proficient oral and written communicator, effective problem solving, mechanical & electrical aptitude, and entrepreneurial work ethic.
- Test and measurement equipment knowledge, automotive/commercial vehicle mechanical/electrical fundamentals.
- Computer skill sets – Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Windows-based software.
- Welding and fabrication and schematic interpretation.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or two years of work experience.
3rd Shift position hours are Sunday night and ending Friday morning.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Columbus, IN
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 345888
Posted Date: 11/5/2018