Controls Technician - Addison, NY
- Primary focus will be the support of automated production lines and small electrical and controls improvement projects. This includes testing and debugging of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems associated with automated process machines and material handling systems within the facility.
- Member of cross-functional controls engineering team responsible for support and functionality enhancements required for advanced manufacturing process machine systems with a focus on safety and quality.
- Serve as an Electrical Controls resource for troubleshooting of production equipment in the Finishing area of the Diesel Manufacturing facility in Painted Post NY.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with engineering, operations and maintenance groups to provide controls support for engineering and operation follow-ups, responding to downtime events preventative maintenance and small improvement projects.
- Machine support includes but not limited to safety controllers, PLCs/PACs, HMIs, robots, motion control, measurement systems, instrumentation, material handling systems, industrial networks and computer system hardware/software application support for MES and data collection systems.
- Individual must can execute assignments, in a team based environment, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to engineering and operations personnel concerning root cause of problems and actions taken to correct the issue.
- AS - electrical engineering or equivalent
- Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with demonstrated success supporting automated equipment running in a production environment.
- Rockwell Logix5000/Studio5000 experience
- Fanuc Robot Experience
- Allen-Bradley PLC/PAC, motion control, VFD and safety hardware
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent to the position. Ability and interest to learn, and apply, new technologies in support of overall technical objectives.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, programming, and system integration.
- Ability to work in both a team and as an individual contributor.
- Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and ability to apply it in troubleshooting and system design.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making processes and skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Technician
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345893
Posted Date: 12/4/2018