Laboratory Technician (Biosafety, Animal/Human Tissue) - Woburn, MA
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for Biosafety Technician in Woburn, MA. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Overtime not expected, but candidates need to be open to working overtime if required.
The purpose of this position is:
Produces materials and enzymes that support the manufacture of multiple products in Woburn, MA. Works with animal and human tissue. Manufactures enzyme based products.
The position includes duties, such as:
• Prepares buffers, solutions, and medias for production.
• Prepares and tests a variety of tissue fractions (human and animal).
• Performs Protein Assay and P450 spectral analysis.
• Performs cell culture operations infecting cells with recombinant virus for protein production, harvesting, and preparation according to SOPs.
• Assists in the isolation, culture, and cryopreservation of human and animal primary cells.
Works in a biosafety level 1 & 2 (BL1/BL2) laboratory environment involving exposure to human, animal tissue, and cells. Wears proper PPE when required. Occasionally lifts and/or moves lab equipment of 25 to 60 pounds.
Biosafety level 2 requires Hepatitis Vaccine - paid for by Corning.
PPE Requirements - Gloves, Lab coat & Safety Glasses
Education Required: Associates in Biology, Chemistry, any Life Sciences.
Will consider candidates still in school pursuing a degree in these fields and has lab experience.
1) Experience: 1 + years in Life Sciences, Laboratory, Cell Culture a plus; working knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes (centrifuges, spectrophotometer, microscope, etc.).
2) Knowledge and advanced working experience of computers and MS Office products.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Biosafety, Animal/Human Tissue)
Location: Woburn, MA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 345962
Posted Date: 11/6/2018