Powertrain Controls Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Electrified Powertrain Controls Engineer will work within a team of Powertrain controls, calibrations and integration engineers to develop electrified powertrain charging systems for current and next-generation electrified powertrains for OEM vehicles.
- The candidate will work on High Voltage (HV) controls including AC and DC charging, HV management, 12V management and innovation projects related to HV charging.
- The candidate will work with the requirements teams to understand the standards related to DC charging, and will develop the algorithms and controls in Simulink.
- The ideal candidate, must be a strong team player and willing to work in a fast-paced environment and be involved various projects.
- Bachelors of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or a related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 1 year minimum related job experience
- Experience with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Demonstrated technical problem solving
- Strong overall knowledge of vehicle and powertrain functions
- Experience with modeling, simulation, development, testing, calibration and/or validation
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Masters in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 2 years plus related job experience
- Specialization in classical and modern control disciplines with vehicle application
- Embedded software experience
- Knowledge of powertrain control system architecture/best practices.
- Experience with Electrified Powertrain Controls and High Voltage a strong plus
- Demonstrated application of technical excellence
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools such as ETAS-INCA and CANalyzer
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Controls Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346002
Posted Date: 11/9/2018