Japanese Bilingual Maintenance Mechanic - Somerset, NJ
Japanese Bilingual Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Somerset, NJ
Hiring Condition: Direct-Hire
A successful global food manufacturing company is currently seeking a Japanese-English speaking Maintenance Mechanic to join their team.
The manufacturing plant is expanding within 2 years due to the increased volume of production each year.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair food processing and packaging machines and equipment.
Most of the machines are made in Japan, so you will be required to communicate with suppliers in Japanese.
In this position, the Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for performing mechanical, electrical and electronic/plant equipment maintenance and repair and supporting and maintaining food safety and quality practices.
If you are interested in an opportunity to utilize your maintenance skills and experience with a fast-glowing company, this will be a great opportunity for you.
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
• Perform all the repair, troubleshooting, and installation of production equipment
• Designing, upgrading, and implementing changes to production equipment
• Perform electrical repairs on all facility-related electrical systems
• Perform routine preventive maintenance on all facility equipment as required
• Compete all required maintenance records and documentation
• Knowledge of all equipment used in the plant
• Skilled with machine shop tooling
• Starts up and shuts down equipment in line with company safety procedures for equipment under OSHA.
• Follow GMP and SOP, safe work habit, company policies and standards, and housekeeping requirements
• Follow up on any problems and report the need for preventive process with their leader and manager
• Maintain a positive, respectful and open communication process with team members and others
• Assist with general cleanup and organize maintenance parts
• Assist with production and shipping and receiving as required
• Other tasks as assigned
Fluency in Japanese to communicate with production machinery suppliers from Japan
Production equipment maintenance experience including mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair
Ability to work weekend if necessary while the production is shut down
Ability to communicate effectively to management, operators and other employees
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Basic knowledge of GMP and SOP is a plus